Monday, January 5, 2015

Pinterest: Just a few littles

Littles are some of my favorites. Quick. Nothing complicated. Money savers. Space savers. Sanity savers.

Not that I have any sanity left!

On with the show...

Have you ever looked at ingredients in the packet taco seasoning you buy? "Other spices" What is "other spices'?! I may NEED to know in case someone here has an allergy to a spice (Like Ranger and Oregano it appears. Though only in somewhat large quantities. No idea. Just don't use it really. I threaten to put it in his food when he's bugging me while I make dinner though! Ha!) And MSG! I mean I love my MSG like the next Chinese food loving person, but I guess it doesn't truly have a place in this body.

How would you like to know EXACTLY what is in your taco seasoning, make several servings worth at once to have on hand, and save $?! If you answered no, I'm not sure we can be close friends, but please don't stop reading this blog!

DIY Taco Seasoning

4 TBSP Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
3/4 tsp Onion Powder
3/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/2 tsp Oregano*
1/4 cup Paprika
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper

Combine all in a container with a lid an shake to mix. I'd say I use about 2 TBSP per pound of meat. Really I just shake some in the pan until I think it's enough. You can add or subtract amount of ingredient to your taste. I like this one just as it is!


*This small amount of oregano doesn't seem to bother the Ranger it seems. Weirdo.



This girl loves, no, NEEDS, her coffee. With sugar and LOTS of creamer. Creamer isn't really too bad in price since I get the store brand most of the time. But I've seen it all over Pinterest on how to make your own coffee creamer. YES PLEASE! I'm not sure I know everything that is in store bought creamer, and I would like to keep it that way to as not to ruin my morning must have.

Pinterest stalking the best recipes, and easiest, I ran across this adorable blog with this AMAZING post! http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2013/03/homemade-coffee-creamer-over-20-flavor-varieties/  She takes her creamer as serious as I do it seems, with the favorite seasonal flavors added.

I took her base, added coffee syrup for flavor, and made myself a beautiful cup of coffee...


It was off on the first flavor. Then I remembered that I ran out of my usual coffee and had to use Hazelnut. Deep breath and a second sip later... That is pretty good! Def a keeper!

DIY Coffee Creamer

14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 3/4 cup Milk or Cream (Any milk you want to use or have on hand. I'm using Lactaid bc milk and I are not getting along again.)

There is your super easy base. Put in a sealed container and shake, shake, shake your grove thing!

This is where I added 2 TBSP of Caramel coffee syrup. Perfection. I put it into a container that used to have store bought creamer in it.

The expiration on it is when your milk expires. Lets face it though, my creamer never makes it that far.




We have a lot of movies. We have a toddler. We used to have an organized DVD shelf. Said toddler doesn't like said DVD shelf...


I seriously gave up for several months on even having the DVD on the shelf and put them in boxes ON TOP of the shelf where he couldn't reach it... as easily. This kid is seriously tall and nothing in the house is safe except for the top of the fridge, until probably next week.

Having DVD, cases and the inserts all over the living room drives me bonkers. Then Jameson seems to find a movie from somewhere, opens the case, and plays Frisbee with them. I'm sure Pitch Perfect is ruined forever.

Easy solution that takes up INCHES of space. Seriously. An entire corner of our toddler toy infested living room becomes INCHES!


Thank you sweet baby Jesus for the person that but this simple but AMAZING post on Pinterest. You just saved me 3,971 times of asking Jameson why he cant just play with his toys and leave the movies alone, this week.


It's the little things
Carrie Danilla Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment