Friday, June 7, 2013

The fashionable accessories...

...of being a mommy!

I so wish I could be the star of a show "My mommy has her s*^t together". It would be me looking like a million dollars everyday wearing my fab Pinterest wardrobe, fantastic mani and pedi, designer purses and sunglasses, and never a hair out of place.


But I am sitting here wearing sweats, oversized olive drab shirt (surprisingly NOT a shirt of Nic's), drinking cheap coffee with milk and sugar in it, and I'm sure EVERY one of my hairs is out of place.

Don't get me started on how bad I need a mani and pedi.


This though is not about how I look now, it's about the way my 'fashion' changed after having Jameson. I can still fit into most of my pre-prego shirts and I love rocking the lil inherited booty in new jeans and shorts.

The new accessories do clash with my outfits though.

If the binky is not in Jameson's mouth it is usually worn as an awkward end of finger ring so I never lose it and have easy access. Believe it or not I have gone to sleep with it on my finger many times and woken up with it still on.

No need to stuff my bra anymore with Kleenexes... I now have a reason for the extra padding.

Trading the wine bottle for milk bottle... except when daddy takes over for the weekend. Then the wine bottle comes back into play!

The new scarves of the season! Sadly mine don't look this nice, are always soaked through with milk that Jameson doesn't want to swallow, and weird colored stains. Never leave home without it around your neck though!

Layers. Lots of them. Not because it's the fad of the season, or changing weather, but because baby with spit up, puke, pee, and poop on your clothes. Don't change 7 times a day, just remove the soiled layer.

Mom purses aren't just for YOUR junk now! You have a reason to need an oversized purse bc you need everything under the sun for baby just to walk down to the mailbox. I so far have just opted out of carrying a purse anymore and put the very few things I actually NEED in Jameson's very fashionable camo diaper bag. Yes it's actually Nic's Diaper bag. 
 
 
Rocking a baby boy, slobber on my shirt, and eu de formula
Carrie Linn


No comments:

Post a Comment