Monday, March 11, 2013

Pregnancy...

... the good!

Yay! Seeing that positive sign on that awesome peepee stick 27 weeks ago was such a highlight for Nic and I. I was shocked and so excited to know we were going to have a baby Linn in less than 9 months. Bring on all the fun and excitement.

Sadly as I was peeing on that glorious device, Nic texted me to tell me he had 24 hours duty. Um! Sucky! But I knew I couldn't not look at that stick for 24 hours until he got home the next day (Does the sign even show for that long?! I could see it now I go to show him and it's all faded and blank. That would be our just our luck!) So I take a pic of the stick and send it to Nic with the cute little message "HI DADDY!"

Guess what!!


Shortly after I get a call from Nic. "We're pregnant?! AWESOME! Have you told anyone yet? I'm going to call my mom. Who are you all going to tell?" Yes he was a little excited. I had to interupt him to let him know that I hadn't told anyone yet bc I was waiting to hear from him first to make sure he got the message. I called my parents after and left it at that. I wanted to get a bit farther along before letting the whole world know... Nic on the otherhand told EVERYONE he ran into except for he didn't mention it on Facebook until I said so. He's a proud daddy!

So we kinda tried to hide it. (If any of y'all saw my Pinterest the next 8 or so weeks you knew with all the baby stuff I was posting.) But let me tell you it came on me quick. Three days before we even found out I was bloated to where even stretchy pj pants were tight and I ate 3 HUGE plates of KFC in one setting for dinner. (Nic even looked at me and asked if I was pregnant with how much I was eating... Just prepping for the next few months I guess!)

The ugly came on, that is the next post, but it couldn't cover the good times. There is nothing cuter than seeing your big bad tough husband talk to you belly, give it raspberries, thump on it trying to get baby to kick and telling it to be nice to mommy so she quits feeling sick.

First actual Dr.s appt came along at 10 weeks. Ofcourse they get to use the jaws of life on you to do all that fun stuff below the belt. Every woman's favorite part! Then the oh so exciting part comes. They spread that jelly on your belly (thank you for warming it up!) and press that little monitor against your skin. BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM! HEARTBEAT! I was looking at Nic's face while this was going on. "That's the heartbeat?! How cool!" Proud daddy moment #2!

Two weeks after that we got to go see our little cutie. And let me tell you baby Linn sure is a cutie! Once again I was looking at Nic first before looking myself bc I wanted to see his reaction. His eyes got so wide and then the smile broke out. "There's our little baby! What's all that stuff? I can't tell. Oh that's definiatly the head! Do we get pictures?! What's that movement? That's the heartbeat! How cool!" We got the pictures and had it all over Facebook before we could drive off post. Nic had to be his funny self and posted the pic on his page. "Look everyone! I made a baby!" Proud daddy moment #4!

I'm so cute!


The food cravings didnt get too crazy. Well atleast not to me. Ask Nic. He was the one doing the grocery shopping most of the time! Lol! Though I do remember asking him for 'BBQ Ripple Lays chips with the Lays Ranch dip' pretty specifically one afternoon. He did well and got exactly what I asked for, lucky him bc I would not have been happy with something else! Oh and fruit! I couldn't get enough fruit in a day for the life of me! I was obsessed with those little oranges, the Cuties! I'm pretty sure I had half a dozen of those each day. Yes I did eat the crapout of sweet though too. This girl loves her cupcakes! And pizza. NOM NOM NOM! But no I never did hit the pickles and ice cream, or peanut butter covered hotdogs.

Now the first kicks. OMG! First I thought maybe I had felt a few flutters. Nic was positive he had felt them while we were laying in bed several times... I had to reassure him that they were gas bubbles. Cute right! It was the day after 21 weeks and I felt a definite HARD kick right under my belly button! I tried to get it to kick more all day long and would randomly get one here and there but Nic wasn't so lucky. Every time Chunky (nickname for baby Linn after I started eating everything within arms reach... or that Nic was willing to get up and get for me/fix :) He's pretty awesome!) would start kicking away Nic would hurry up and put his hand on my belly and Chunky would stop. Stubborn little one! Finally one night when I was snuggled up to Nic in bed Chunky started kicking away on Nic nonstop! Chunky was def having a wrestling match with daddy! Nic and I laughed the entire night. Whenever I would move away from Nic it would stop, and when Nic would snuggle back up to me the boxing match began! Soon Chunky started kicking to the sound of Nic's voice and when I started to get hungry. Active one let me tell you! Proud Parent moment!

The belly. Let me tell you I LOVE the added pounds and nonstop growing belly. I think it is the cutest thing in the world! (Alright I love the boobs and butt I've gained too! I'm a thin gal and those two growing is something to celebrate!) Clothing shopping has it's ups and downs. Shirts are pretty easy. Just find bigger size and make sure they are long enough. Awesome! Pants... HAHAHA! Yeah no. Yoga pants are awesome. Nic's pj pants are even more awesome! I have tried on several pairs of maternity pants and well my butt is getting bigger but not THAT big. Geeze I guess every woman that gets pregnant gains 500 lbs everywhere and are only 5'2"! So no I do not have actual maternity pants. But I have found some cute leggings (which I NEVER wore before getting pregnant) that work with the longer shirts I get to fill out now.

16 weeks... No longer just a bloat bump!
 
23 weeks 4 days... Hello Chunky!
 
31 weeks... Nic's PJ pants and a shirt I had to pull down so my Chewbacca belly wouldn't show!
 


Lastly (well for now) of the goods of being pregnant. Finding out what we were having! We were both super exctied about getting to see Chunky again and finding out finally if it was a boy or girl. (Both of us and 95% of everyone else said it was a boy). The date was scheduled and we were very impatiently waiting to see our sweet baby again. Then ofcourse the Army had to step in (they are awesome about ruining good days!) Nic had to leave for a month of training... the morning of the day we were to see Chunky and find out what it was. I'll let you know how I felt about that in the next post...

Any way. So there I am with the ultrasound tech (my mom and stepdad were in the waiting room. I love that they came with me!) and she globbs half a gallon of that warm gel on my belly and smears it around. The devise presses against my belly and instantly I see Chunky. She moves it around. There's it's head, spine, butt... "Do you want to know what you're having?" Um yeah! "Well if you look right there, that's a boy." A BOY! And yes was he showing off that he was a boy! She had to do the rest of the scans and he was being stubborn and not wanting to cooperate except to show off his little weewee. Typical boy! Nic called about an hour after I found out (on his oh so fun 26 hours bus ride). I told him that his child was very stubborn and not wanting to cooperate. Hid it's face behind it's arms. Curled up most of the time. But oh did it show off the entire time that it was a BOY! "Everyone I'm having a BOY!" "Woohoo! I knew you were having a little Ranger!" was what I heard from his side of the phone! Too funny I know! Nic was really hoping for his little mini Army Ranger. (Though I know he would have been tickled pink for a daddy's little girl too!) Proudest Daddy Moment #5!

That's right! I'm a boy!
 
Here's my good side!


So there is a handful of the greats of this pregnancy! Yes there are tons more, but have you heard of Prego Brain?! Be lucky I remebered all the above! Haha!

Jameson Nicholas Linn's Mommy
Carrie Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment