Tuesday, March 26, 2013

You look FABULOUS...

... EVERY one of you!!


So last night a close friend of mine and I were chatting and body image came up. I for one think she is beautiful. (You know in the "Girl you look good!" way.. not the "Hey I could kiss you" way... I like men!) Being women (well, really human) though we of course find something about ourselves that we don't like and we stick to that and completely ruin our self image.

I AM SICK OF THIS BULL SHIT!!!


Seriously ladies we focus so damn much on the negative on our bodies that we learn to hate the ENTIRE package! That's aweful. I can't say I haven't done the same. I have very often. Some of you that know me will pull the "Oh poor you. You're so skinny, what do you have to complain about?!" Being skinny! That's what I have to complain about! Try being asked so many times if I ever eat or if I have an eating disorder. It sucks. It's in my genes. My real dad is almost 6' 4" and skinny as a rail. But we are both HEALTHY! I have acne like an 8th grade basketball team. I'm pail. Weird feet. Bad teeth. Crappy looking hands. Splotchy all over skin. Ankles roll in. Small boobs and butt. The list goes on. I obsess over all these so much that I lose sight of the good I do have.


I tell my husband I dont like this or that constantly and I'm pretty sure he wants to shake me like you shouldn't shake a baby and tell me to cut it out. He looks at me like I'm a knock out! And that's when I wearing baggy PJ pants and a tshirt! When I put on everyday clothes (We're talking nice jeans, T-shirt that fits, just mascara, and hair not a mess) he doesn't keep his hands off me!!

When I go through FB pics of myself I see comments on random ones from friends and family saying how cute/pretty/beautiful I look.

These people are seeing things that I rarely do.


So what fuels this so much... Duh! Look on TV, news, internet, magazines, mall... EVERYWHERE! It's society. We are so obsessed with looking like so and so. Competing with so and so. Wanting to fit into this or that trend.

This is what ruins us. Seeing the model in a magazine fit into a fab dress that you know wont look right on you and hating your body for it. The flawless skin on the singer on TV. The perfect hair of the actress. All this does nothing but taint our image and our souls.
Let's get real here ladies!


There is no such thing as a perfect body ladies. There is not right color of skin, right height, right waist size, right boob size, right hair color, right clothing style... There is you and what works for your body to make you feel good about yourself.

THE REST OF THE WORLD CAN SHOVE IT!!

And tell that to your negative self image too! Tell it to go to hell! You may not be happy with your muffin top, but damn does your hair look awesome! Bad teeth are out wieghed by great looking legs. Small boobs... got nothing on your eyes babe!
These ladies are all OLYPIANS!


I really do want to challenge you to look in a mirror today and find one fab thing about your body. Focus on that this week. No negative! Then next week find something else you like and focus on those two things. Continue this for every week!


And if you can't find something... feel free to post a picture in the comments and I will find something for you! Seriously ladies! If you can't find something, I will.

I also challenge you to challege your girl firends to do the same. Focus on things they love about themselves and also compliment them too! There is so much competition and hate of other women bc they look a way you want to that you lose sight of yourself around them and begin to resent them.


Please ladies. For yourself and all women out there find your love for yourself. You deserve it. And if you say you don't, ask yourself WHY? WHY do you not deserve to feel good about yourself? WHY do you not deserve to feel beautiful? WHY?! There is NO reason in this world. None. I will prove every one of you wrong that think so too.

Love all you beauties!
Carrie Linn

P.S. I challenge you to comment below on what you want to focus on this week. Put it in words and make it offical. If that means I have to friend all of y'all on FB and remind you everyday how FAB you are I will be more than happy to! I love all y'all and want you to know that you're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment